Ours is the Winter Author: Laurie Ellingham


Journeying across the Arctic, their pasts are about to catch up with them.
Erica, Molly and Noah are embarking on the challenge of a lifetime, driving Siberian huskies across the frozen wilderness of the Arctic. 

Cut off from the world and their loved ones and thrown together under gruelling conditions, it isn’t long before the cracks start to show.

Erica has it all. A loving husband, a successful career and the most adorable baby daughter. But Erica has been living a double life, and as she nears her fortieth birthday her lies threaten to come crashing down.
Molly was on her way to stardom. But when her brother died, so did her dreams of becoming an Olympic champion. Consumed by rage and grief, she has shut out everyone around her, but now she’s about to learn that comfort can come from the most unexpected places.
Noah has a darkness inside him and is hounded by nightmares from his past. Tortured, trapped and struggling to save his fractured relationship, he knows this journey is not going to help, but try telling his girlfriend that.

As their lives and lies become ever more entwined, it becomes clear that in the frozen wilds there is nowhere to hide.

Links


Amazon UK: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0739SQG3P/ref=x_gr_w_bb?ie=UTF8&tag=x_gr_w_bb_uk-21&linkCode=as2&camp=1634&creative=6738


Adventure, danger, romance and discovering truth, about self and others
What drew me to the book was the dogs and the idea of an "amateur" adventure. It is not something I would consider doing, but I'd love to go along and observe. 
Why would people sign on for sleeping outdoors in subzero temps and punish their bodies physically with only heat- and -eat meals as a reward?
What could drive a mother to leave her young child, on the break-through of so many firsts, to spend time with a half-sister who doesn't seem to want anything to do with her?
If you enjoy figuring out people's motivations you may enjoy this novel.

There is a dark thread that connects the adventurers on this journey, but they don't know it at the beginning. Everyone has secrets. Each has something they are running from or chasing. 
Told from alternating points of view, I appreciated how the details unfolded as miles are covered.
I felt like I was right there on the frozen tundra with them, picturing a vast white expanse and speeding through the trees. When the final conflict arose, I was on the edge of my chair and holding my breath.





Author bio: When I'm not running around after my two children, my husband, our Cockerpoo Rodney, or just plain running, I love nothing more than disappearing into the fictional world of my characters preferably with a large coffee and a Twix (or two) to hand.

When I am in the thick of a character crisis, I can often be seen walking around the village with my jumper on inside out and back to front, chatting (and occasionally laughing) away to myself.

I have a first class honours degree in psychology and a background in Public Relations, both of which help in everything I do.

Links:





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Three Days To Forever ~ Lauren Carr

A Fanciful Twist's 8th Annual Virtual MAD TEA Party Extra special, as it is the 150th anniversary of Alice in Wonderland ♥

The Last Ten Pounds by Lina Sage